Camp Rocky Scholarships for Ages 14-19
Camp Rocky is a week long, residential camp for 14 through 19 year olds who enjoy the outdoors and are interested in natural resources. This camp is near Divide, Colorado for those who have finished 8th grade through 19 year old. The camp for 2018 is scheduled for July 8-July 14 and the cost is only $300.00 (all inclusive). Limited scholarships are available through the Douglas County Conservation District.
The Camp Rocky professional staff helps participants learn about their environment through hands-on experience. The students work in teams making new friends from across Colorado. There students can choose one from the five resource fields to focus on. Recreation Management, Rangeland Science, Fish & Wildlife Management, Forest Management, or Soil and Water Conservation.
Criteria to receive partial scholarship:
- You must live in the Douglas County Conservation District in Colorado
- You must have completed 8th grade by June 1st 2018 through age 19; or ages 14-19 years old.
- You must submit your application ASAP to the Colorado Association of Conservation Districts (CACD).
- You must contact us for the scholarship specifics after you have sent in your application to CACD.
- Apply for the Camp Rocky to the CACD. Once you have applied for the camp, contact our office at 303-218-2622 to let us know that you are interested in a partial scholarship to attend Camp Rocky. We will then inform you on how many students have also applied to the camp and how much of a scholarship will be available for you.
- Please feel free to call our office at 303-218-2622 or email any questions that you might have.
For Camp Rocky information Contact us at 303-218-2622.
Scholarships for College Students
Sustainability of natural-resource conservation practice depends on the next generation advancing and passing new concepts on to their next generation, and so on. We are excited for your journey and thank you for taking the time to apply for this scholarship.
Download the Scholarship Information here. Scholarship Information
Feel free to contact our District Manager at the Franktown office (303) 218 0 2622 or EMail DCCDistrict@gmail.com.